Subject: Fwd: [Red61 Support] Updated Request: Paradise Green - EdFringe Implementation
From: James Phillips <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2025 21:58:05 +0100

Please see below for some VIA stuff:

JARs for linux and instructions

Info about Stripe Tap To Pay which I would like to enable on the FOH phones
for NFC ticket payment (replacing Square for Red61, however keeping square
on the phones for snack bar stuff)

Thanks

*James Phillips* | Director
*Paradise Green*

[email-masked]
http://www.paradise-green.co.uk

Paradise Green is a trading style of George IV Venues Ltd which is a
Company Limited by Guarantee.
Registered Office: 22 Keston Close, Reading, RG4 5DZ

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Maeve Armstrong <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2025 at 15:37
Subject: [Red61 Support] Updated Request: Paradise Green - EdFringe
Implementation
To: Paradise Green <[email-masked]>
Cc: James Phillips <[email-masked]>

##- Please type your reply above this line -##

Your request (#34198 <https://red61.zendesk.com/hc/requests/34198>) has
been updated.

To add a comment, reply to this email or click the link below:
https://red61.zendesk.com/hc/requests/34198

*Maeve Armstrong* (Red61 Support)

23 Jul 2025, 15:36 BST
Hi James,

Apologies, I missed attaching the files, please find them here.

Thanks,

Maeve

Attachment(s)
getdown.txt
<https://red61.zendesk.com/attachments/token/oqmTyGs7yuuGEkleoOxbxvhGo/?name=getdown.txt>
getdown.jar
<https://red61.zendesk.com/attachments/token/DAwqSi5JSndDuyKzsHh1VlijT/?name=getdown.jar>

*Maeve Armstrong* (Red61 Support)

23 Jul 2025, 15:06 BST
Hi James,

Thanks for filling out the form.  Stripe Tap2Pay is new this year.  I've
added the payment processor to your instance, if you head to Setup >
Locations you can then select it in the relevant location before processing
a test.  There is some further info about Tap2Pay payments in this doc: Taking
Payments with Stripe Tap to Pay
<https://red61.zendesk.com/hc/en-gb/articles/22641562191133-Taking-Payments-with-Stripe-Tap-to-Pay>

It provides a cleaner flow (it doesn't switch you to a different app) and
everything is done through the phone itself so there is no need to connect
a reader.  There is also the benefit of having all your income in one
account so there are some advantages.  However, just to note that it is
currently only set up for contactless payments (we're hoping to add to
ability to enter a pin onto the phone in due course) so it may be worth
having your square readers handy as well in case that is useful for some
international cards.  Let me know if you have any further questions on it.

Linux wise, nothing has changed since last year.  I have dug out some
instructions we had sent over to you that are still relevant:

   1. Install Amazon Corretto 11, details here:
   *https://docs.aws.amazon.com/corretto/latest/corretto-11-ug/linux-info.html*
   <https://docs.aws.amazon.com/corretto/latest/corretto-11-ug/linux-info.html>
   2. Create a directory where you want to install the Red61 client to,
   recommended the /home/user/red61.
   3. Copy the getdown.jar and getdown.txt into that directory
   4. Run the following command fr99om that directory: java -jar
   ./getdown.jar [directory to install the app | /home/user/red61 ]

This will download and start the client, if you want to have an icon on the
desktop, the directory contains an icon.
The Desktop icon should run thegetdown.jar : java -jar ./getdown.jar
/home/user/red61  as this is the way to ensure that the client is always up
to date and checks if there is a newer version available.

In regards to the visit, would 10am next Thursday work for you?

Thanks,

Maeve

*Maeve Armstrong* (Red61 Support)

17 Jul 2025, 15:08 BST
Hello,

We hope your preparations for the 2025 Edinburgh Fringe are going well—the
countdown has truly begun!

As always, the Red61 Implementation and Support teams will be on hand to
help and advise, so please don’t hesitate to get in touch.

As with last year, in the run-up to the festival, we’ll be there to assist
with a review of your physical box office and Front of House set-up to
ensure you are happy that everything is operating as expected ahead of the
festival kicking off.
One of our team will visit you on-site to check your set-up over with you,
and also use this session as an opportunity to answer any last-minute
questions.
To arrange your site visit, please complete the following form. Red61 will
then reach out to schedule the date, time and location(s) of the session.

*https://form.asana.com/?k=bOj_qpZGqEaH115fUKHI8w&d=16385373049387*
<https://form.asana.com/?k=bOj_qpZGqEaH115fUKHI8w&d=16385373049387>

At the following link, you will find a Google doc to assist with gathering
detailed information regarding your intended set-up so we can provide the
best support possible if required during the Fringe. Please find your form
here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DnAN0v-40_nvIl1N1C6OmZk2Z_SfQFFGgKImmnxCQGk/edit?usp=sharing

Please fill in the information as you know it.  Once you’re done, print
your name at the bottom of the form to confirm and pop us a message to let
us know (at which point we will close the form to editing).

*Windows/Mac:*
Details of installing Red61 and Amazon Corretto can be found in our Zendesk
Help Centre *here*
<https://red61.zendesk.com/hc/en-gb/sections/12181576972701-Red61-Client-Installation-Guides>
.

*Stripe in-person card payments:*
Please see this Help Doc to assist with set-up: *Setting up Stripe
Terminals*
<https://red61.zendesk.com/hc/en-gb/articles/10845079551901-Registering-a-New-Stripe-Terminal-for-In-Person-Payments-with-Red61>
.

*Linux/Pi:*
Red61 no longer provide our Red61 Pi/Linux images but will continue to
provide assistance with installing Red61 on these OS’s where required.
Please contact support for further info.

*FOH App:*
The Front of House App is available directly from the Play Store and can be
downloaded here:
*https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.red61.via.foh.android*
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.red61.via.foh.android>
or by searching “Red61 FOH”.
*Please ensure your devices have the most up-to-date version *(*2.3.1.1
178*) of the app and enable automatic updates.   This is especially
important this year, as previous versions of the App will not be able to
scan encrypted barcodes, which were added in a recent release.  The device
must also be running Android version 8 as a minimum.
When logging in for the first time, enter your instance code and ensure you
select *red61.co.uk <http://red61.co.uk>* as the region.  If you are taking
the time to update devices, you may find *this doc*
<https://red61.zendesk.com/hc/en-gb/articles/12479875860893-Recommended-Device-Settings-for-Using-Front-of-House-App>
on recommended settings helpful.  You can find lots of other helpful Front
Of House related information *here*
<https://red61.zendesk.com/hc/en-gb/categories/115000962523-Red61-Front-of-House-App>.
If you are having issues with updating, on the phone, head to Apps > Front
of House and clear storage and cache.

*Apple, Google Wallet Tickets*
Just a reminder that we recently released an update to the Apple/Google
Wallet tickets functionality, whereby you can select the background colour
of your wallet tickets.  If you would like to change from the default dark
grey, please send us the HEX colour of your choice.  Note: the text colour
will remain white, so ensure the background colour is dark enough for easy
viewing.

*New Dashboard Offers*
Previously, COM/PRO/ORG logins could add specific offer tickets to their
performances through the Dashboard.  This functionality has now been
replaced and expanded upon to allow users to add links to Promotions
created in Red61.  This allows for greater flexibility and the option to
allow companies to opt in to a wider variety of offers with different
restrictions, eg, postcode, category, time and date, etc.  Please see
this *Help
Doc*
<https://red61.zendesk.com/hc/en-gb/articles/22163806288925-Assigning-Tickets-to-an-Offer-in-Ticket-Management>
for more information on the new settings and how to configure and expose
Promotions to your companies in the Dashboard, and feel free to email
[email-masked]* <[email-masked]> if you have any further questions.

Please let us know if this email has been sent to the wrong person, and if
so, who you would like any future correspondence regarding Red61 support
during the Fringe to go to.

If you have any questions regarding any of the above, please email
[email-masked]* <[email-masked]> or call *0345 867
2203* <03458672203> option 4. For all other general support enquiries,
please continue to use [email-masked]* <[email-masked]> or *0345 867
2203* <03458672203> option 3 (available 24 hours).

Many thanks,

The Red61 Implementations Team

This email is a service from Red61 Support. Delivered by Zendesk
<http://www.zendesk.com>.
[G0NW54-V20W9]